Environment and Natural Resources actively collaborates to protect, manage and restore ecosystem health, promote environmental stewardship and support the wise use of natural resources for the benefit of ecosystems, which include the people of the Northwest Territories.
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
YELLOWKNIFE CENTRE 5TH FLOOR
BOX 1320 YELLOWKNIFE NT X1A 2L9
Tel (867) 767-9154 Extension 14106
Fax (867) 873-0445
If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
The Seasonal Research Station Manager is responsible for managing, and operating a remote research station under the supervision of the Wildlife Biologist, Cumulative Effects by providing on-site logistical, operations and maintenance and supervisory support as well as emergency response. You will be located at the remote Tundra Ecosystem Research Station at Daring Lake (300 km North of Yellowknife) and will be responsible for maintaining the station in good working condition, operating the water, waste and energy systems and supervising occasional casual staff that may be working at the station.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
- Demonstrated analytical skills for problem-solving in a variety of situations
- Ability to work without direct on-site supervision
- Knowledge of alternative electrical and stand-alone water and waste systems.
- Knowledge and ability to operate trouble-shoot and maintain snow machines, ATVs, boats, generators, propane heaters and appliances.
- Knowledge and use of software programs such as Microsoft WORD, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with camp provisioning.
Through the successful completion of relevant technical program and a minimum of two years’ experience in seasonal, field based occupation.
Incumbents must have a Class 5 driver’s license. Incumbents must have the ability to obtain and maintain a firearms possession and acquisition license (PAL), a Small Vessel Operators Proficiency and Marine Emergency Duties - A3 certification within 2 months of being hired.
Wilderness first aid certification training will be provided by the employer and must be maintained for continued employment.