GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
GHD North America has an opportunity for an In-house Counsel position (Canada), operating out of GHD’s Waterloo office and reporting directly to GHD’s Senior Counsel, North America. The successful applicant will join a collegial 20 person North American Legal, Risk & Compliance Team and provide support to an entrepreneurial 3,700 person strong North American business.
As part of the Legal, Risk & Compliance Team in the capacity of Counsel, Canada, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Contracts review and management including managing contracts for GHD’s emerging alternative project delivery business;
- Litigation and claims management;
- Employment law and human resources support;
- Real estate law; and
- Support for GHD’s evolving digital business.
- 1-7 years of experience gained from a law firm and/or in-house environment
- A license in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- An LL.B. or J.D. from an accredited law school
- Candidates with construction industry and/or design professional services experience will be highly regarded
- Superior drafting, analytical, organization, time management, and task prioritization skills
- A motivated self-started who takes ownership of their tasks in a well thought-out and decisive manner
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and efficiently with members of GHD’s Legal, Risk & Compliance Team, internal clients, and clients' in-house and external counsel
- Demonstrated problem-solving, negotiation, drafting, and conflict resolution skills.
We offer an opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic employee owned company, a professional working environment with career development potential, flexible hours and a competitive salary package based on qualifications, skills and experience in a privately held, quality driven and client focused company.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.