Langara College seeks a part-time CG modeling instructor for our Animation for Games, Film & Visual Effects diploma program. We are seeking an enthusiastic well-rounded professional with proven leadership and mentoring skills. Bring your passion and experience and we will provide the support and guidance for you to develop as an instructor.
- A thorough understanding of CG modeling, texturing, lighting and rendering concepts.
- Basic knowledge of key frame animation, rigging and compositing is an asset.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Maya, ZBrush
- Knowledge of Substance Painter or Mari is another desirable asset
- Diploma in 3D Animation and minimum 5 years of current occupational experience within the field.
- Must keep up to date on industry trends and assist in keeping the class content up to date with current techniques.
- Experience instructing working professionals or at a post-secondary or college institution is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with students.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
- Effective visual communication skills
- In collaboration with the Animation Department Head, the successful candidate will develop curriculum, teach and mentor students, and participate in campus activities including special events, behind-the-scenes tours, final project presentations, and graduation.
We thank all candidates for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- 3D Animation: 5 years (Preferred)