Pacific Western Transportation is currently seeking a District Maintenance Support Manager for a newly-created role in Ontario (based in either Etobicoke or Whitby). Serving as a resource for our Student Line of Business, this role is responsible for supporting the maintenance activities of a district that includes eight shops throughout Ontario east, as well as future growth opportunities in the region. This position reports to the Director of Maintenance.
Frequent travel is required in order to conduct site visits, provide support, training and new shop set-ups.
- 310T License
- Strong background in CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System), preferably Web Fleet Assist
- Minimum 5 years of related fleet management/maintenance experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Self-starter, able to work independently to meet company objectives
- Skilled at building relationships with area Operations Managers, maintenance shops and external suppliers
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, mentoring and training to operations and maintenance staff
- Support area Operations Managers on issues specific to fleet and facility maintenance
- Work with shop staff to meet budget and equipment forecasts
- Monitor manpower skill levels to ensure operating requirements are met and report on performance
- Works with area Operations Managers and Director of Maintenance to identify corrective action(s)
- Ensure the shop and equipment complies with company and governmental safety procedures and regulations
Competitive compensation package with a salary range of $75,000 - $85,000 annually.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- fleet management/maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Etobicoke, ON (Preferred)