The Assistant Controller is to help lead the accounting and administration in all aspects of financial management, including accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting. This position has growth potential through existing opportunities.
· Assist with business and financial strategy and planning, monitoring, management and reporting, including management and development of policies, systems, processes and personnel involved
· Administer and review accounting setup for new projects.
· Assist in reporting on the financial operations of the operating companies, the group, and make recommendations based on the data.
· Help to prepare budgets, forecasts and financial statements.
· Analyze financial information to assist in planning financial management policies, business strategies and the control and use of business assets.
· Manage external audit requirements in various capacities.
· Prepare and review account reconciliations and entries for period end closings.
· Provide assistance with risk management and corporate governance.
· Assist with all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory, Work In Progress Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
· Provide mentorship and guidance to the accounting and administrative staff.
· Manage and coordinate project reporting requirements.
· Ability to develop and manage spreadsheets, project schedules and summary reports.
· Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
· Assist in monitoring the financial performance of the company.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Lead by example and foster a safety first workplace.
· 3 to 5 years relevant experience as an assistant financial controller
· CPA designation or equivalent
· In depth knowledge of accounting principals and procedures
· Project reporting experience
· JDE experience an asset
· Strong proficiency with English language, both verbal and written
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work closely with the controller and senior management team
· Self-motivated and self-directed
· Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
· Strong excel computer skills
· Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent