Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling all matters relating to immediate strategy, culture change, innovation and the 2025 vision within Wire Group.
He prioritizes, develops the plan, coordinates, monitors and communicates with all stakeholders (Head Office, Senior Management, plant directors and managers) to ensure relevance, quality, speed and integration of progress.
Workplace: Our Hamilton, Ontario plant, L8H 7N8.
- Evaluates the efficiency of operations and production sites in order to advise on the quantity and quality of personnel, the suitability of equipment, manufacturing methods and techniques used;
- Allocate the material, human and financial resources required to implement the company’s policies and programs;
- Initiates cost reduction projects; works with peers to reduce delays;
- Communicates productivity, quality and health and safety objectives;
- Works with many internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers, maintenance and support staff, unions, etc. Assists managers in their tasks and replaces them as needed;
- Authorizes and organizes the setting up of the organization’s main departments and the creation of senior positions;
- Establishes administrative and financial controls, formulates and approves promotional campaigns and approves the overall human resources management plan. Acts as a resource person and influential leader for managers; provides support and technical expertise and acts as a role model in adapting to change;
- Representing the organization, or delegating representatives, to act on behalf of the organization in negotiations or other official functions;
- Establish the objectives of the organization by formulating or approving its policies and programs;
- Selecting middle managers, directors and other management personnel, delegating the necessary; authority to them and creating optimal working conditions, particularly in the area of Health and Safety.
- Possesses a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (metallurgy, industrial, mechanical or electrical, depending on the relevance of the sector);
- Bilingual French and English;
- More than 5 years of experience in a management position in the steel industry;
- Knows and uses recognized management, planning and control techniques for production and materials;
- Has strong leadership skills and has already managed more than 20 people;
- Valid driver’s license, willing to travel occasionally;
- Fast paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Attention to detail, High volume of work;
- Openness to others, Excellent oral communication, Team spirit;
- Experience in managing multi-million-dollar budgets.
What are the benefits of joining the ArcelorMittal family?
- A competitive salary < $140 000 (confidential information);
- Discretionary bonus ‘according to company policy;
- Permanent, full time position;
- Comprehensive insurance program (medical, dental, disability and life) paid 100% by the employer;
- Employer-sponsored pension plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Employee involvement in various committees;
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Management (more than 20 people): 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19