The operator of forklifts is responsible:
1. Operates forklift, consistently practicing safe operating habits to load and unload vehicles, transport material and prepare loads for delivery.
2. Performs routine and regular preventative maintenance of vehicle advising supervisor of required repairs. Complete forklift inspection sheet daily.
3. Prepares orders for delivery including identifying, locating and securing material as per shipping memo and completing paperwork.
4. Builds and arranges customer orders and loads onto vehicle giving consideration to safety/security of load, minimizing potential for damage in transport, order of use by customer and routing of vehicle. Secures load to vehicle.
5. Receives returned material, completes sold sticker for re-delivery or returns material to stock as directed.
6. Checks prepared loads for accuracy and completeness, takes the required measure to correct as needed.
7. Acts as a Driver’s Helper as required, assisting driver with manually unloading and transporting material.
8. Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Position requires knowledge of wood types/grades and familiarity with seasonal products and storage/damage handling procedures.
- Position requires a valid forklift certificate.
- Prior shipping, receiving and loading experience is an asset.
- Position requires an individual who is self-motivated and possesses strong organizational skills.
- Position requires good verbal and written communication skills.
- Position requires physical exertion including bending, lifting and carrying products.
- Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is able to meet strict deadlines.
### Job Requirements
Do you enjoy working physically and you want to train for free? You know exercise manual skill and precision in the execution of your work? Then you have what it takes to be part of the team!
- You must have a driving license valid Class G .
- Have experience with handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet trucks and carts .