Reporting to the Director, Commercial, this full-time position will be responsible for developing and implementing brand initiatives that contribute to and support the long-term growth strategies of a GI specialty product. This includes brand planning, analysis, market research and forecasting, as well as in-depth understanding of trends in the disease management. Understand, synthesize and communicate strategic initiatives cross-functionally.
Responsible for business planning, budgeting and product performance.
Develop short- and long-term sales and financial forecasts for brands. Manage brand P&L to deliver on profit commitments.
Work closely with internal/external stakeholders in building and executing plans.
Provide sales team with necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell the product. Address barriers and recommend alternate plans, when appropriate.
Develop promotional material, product training and value add patient/physician programs.
Liaise closely with 3rd party suppliers regarding product campaigns.
Assess message uptake, promotional material suitability and sales force effectiveness.
Monitor and evaluate market conditions and competitive landscape, program execution and sales performance. Gather and maintain up to date information on sales and market share, and information with promotional potential.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with KOLs & key stakeholders.
Act in accordance with Innovative Medicines Canada’s (IMC) Code of Ethical Practices Secondary responsibilities.
Characteristics of a Good Candidate
1. Strong Leadership Skills
2. Highly Motivated and Results-Driven
3. Strong Decision-Making Capabilities
4. Demonstrated Problem-Solving Skills
5. Sense of Urgency / Time and Project Management Skills
6. Excellent Communication (written and oral) and Presentation Skills
7. Strong Interpersonal skills / Collaborative
Experience, Training and Education
- 3 – 5 Specialty pharmaceutical / life sciences brand management and/or sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Sciences, Life Sciences, Medicine or related fields
- Excellent Communication (written and oral) and Presentation Skills
To apply, please send your resume to:
- Gastroenterology Therapeutic Area Experience
- Product Launch Experience
- MBA or other advanced degree
Only selected candidates will be contacted.