- BS in Computer Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics/Applied Mathematics, Economics/Applied Economics or in another quantitative and engineering field OR equivilent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in using quantitative analysis, including but not limited to forecasting, regression modeling and statistical process control.
- 3+ years of experience with BI analytics/ reporting/visualization tools such as Tableau, QlikView, QuickSight, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with at least one scripting or general purpose programming language such as Python, Ruby, R, Java, etc.
- 2+ years of experience conducting analysis using Excel
- Experience with big data: extraction, processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data.
- Experience with data process: AWS technologies, SQL, and data pipelines
Are you excited about how information insights can bring value to our supply chain and transportation teams? We are looking for a self-driven, insightful, results-oriented Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Canada Transportation team. You will drive improvements to customer experience, performance, and cost across Canada transportation systems, from initial delivery promise to final delivery to our customers. This is a tremendous opportunity for Business Intelligence Engineers who want to develop creative, new, and innovative ways of interacting with and interpreting business key performance indicators, and shape the future of Amazon Transportation systems.
- Create, support, improve, and deep dive transportation customer experience metrics to provide actionable insights related to delivery speed, customer behavior, delivery performance, and cost. This will require data gathering and manipulation, partnering with external teams, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Develop scalable and self-serve analytical and visualization solutions to identify anomalies and support team projects. This will involve creating and maintaining reports and dashboards using tools such as SQL, AWS Redshift/S3, Tableau, QuickSight, Shiny, R, and Amazon Metrics, etc.
- Perform ad hoc deep dives to understand drivers for transportation issues and opportunities, as well as support Canada transportation teams with special projects
- Work with business program owners to build data sets, reports, dashboards, and other products that answer their specific business questions.
- Collaborate with data engineers/scientists and other business intelligence engineers to design data architecture and implement data pipelines to automate manual solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of Amazon’s supply chain and AWS’s vast data sources and tools.
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Logistics, or another quantitative field preferred.
- Hands-on experience with AWS solutions (EC2, S3, Redshift, RDS)
- Basic/intermediate familiarity with Linux.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases
- Machine learning experience a plus.
- Ability to automate scalable analytical and reporting solutions utilizing extremely large data sets across multiple sources.
- Familiarity with supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, and logistics - gained through work experience or graduate level education.
- Excellent communicator at all levels internal and external, both spoken and written.
- Passionate about the customer experience, and takes a data-driven approach to identifying and prioritizing the most impactful efforts.
- Ability to remain flexible in a rapidly changing space and are adept at learning new tools and systems.
- Ability thrive in an environment that is deadline driven, fast paced and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting or working with cross-functional business and technical teams.
- Ability to be decisive in an often ambiguous environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.