Job Title: Professor – Diploma in Digital Marketing Specialist Co-op (Part-Time)
Location: Toronto, ON
Shift Type: 9:00 am & 2:00 pm Monday to Thursday
Job Type: Part-Time
Toronto School of Management (TSoM), is an innovative college offering a broad range of career-focused programs in Business, Hospitality & Tourism, Accounting, and IT. Our mandate is to provide a comprehensive and balanced mix of programs and services that support the success of our students in work and life.
Our Mission: We with industry leaders to design and deliver innovative and career-centric programs. We work tirelessly to provide students with the right combination of academic excellence and practical hands-on experience, educating ambitious people to take their careers further.
TSoM is a member of Global University Systems (GUS). GUS is a United Kingdom-based international education group with institutions in the UK, Singapore, Germany and Canada, and a student body of over 60,000 students. We are now looking to hire a Professor (Part-Time) for our Information Technology Programs and Professional Development Courses
TSoM is currently seeking an experienced professional Instructor to teach classes in Diploma in Digital Marketing Specialist Co-op.
Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited
- Bring excitement, enthusiasm and positive attitude to the students of program.
- Innovate, develop and deliver effective learning environment using available resources, incorporating various teaching/learning methods to meet the course objectives
- Manage lesson planning, assignments, class and overall course assessment of the students’ work while ensuring students’ awareness of course objectives and TSoM’s expectations
- Engage students by tutoring and academic counselling while providing constructive feedback and encouragement when needed
- Challenging ideas, encouraging students to develop skills and knowledge in critical and rational thinking
- Provide students with constructive and relevant feedback in a timely manner
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous teaching experience at a college or a university level is preferred;
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction, including ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Ability to communicate complex information to both international and domestic students both orally and written in an understandable manner;
- Solid understanding of Digital Marketing space and platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.;
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and equality when interacting with students and colleagues;
- Understanding of brand awareness and online reputation and other applicable terms and concepts;
- Operational knowledge of SEO (search engine optimization)
- Capable of working independently as well as being part of a team;
- Being able to work under pressure/fast paced environment and deliver on scheduled deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Business/Marketing or other relevant discipline from recognized post-secondary institution
- MBA or Master Degree in relevant discipline will be considered an asset
- 4 years’ of teaching experience in the vocation or equivalent work experience in Marketing field or combination of both;
- Current membership/license with relevant regulatory body preferred.
Toronto School of Management is equal opportunity employers, and as such positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Job Type: Part-time
- teaching: 4 years (Required)
- Master's Degree (Required)