Administrative Assistant (Development and Finance) Job description
Condor Properties is a privately owned real estate development company based in Vaughan, Ontario, affiliated with the Con-Drain Group of Companies. Condor’s principals have over 40 years of experience in land development. Our core assets consist of high-quality industrial, office, medical and retail properties comprising over 6.7 million square feet, all strategically located throughout the GTA and surrounding areas.
Working together with the Vice-President (“VP”), Planning and Development, and the Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”), the Administrative Assistant, Development & Finance, will help facilitate day to day functions and provide strong administrative support. The successful candidate will coordinate with other leaders and teams to drive productivity and efficient communication to achieve the task at hand. The right candidate is passionate about real estate and is able to have the knowledge and communications skills required to have conversations with major banks and insurance companies during the pre-planning phase and in order to meet deadlines for project closing dates.
- Provide direct administrative support to the CFO and VP, Planning and Development.
- Financial Administration: Carry out basic financial analysis, maintain financial records, process expenses, compile printed presentation materials.
- Development Project Co-ordination: Arrange all start-up project documentation, prepare subcontracts, Purchase Orders, and general budgetary functions.
- Calendar Management: Proactively manage, assess, and predict the needs of executives to ensure they are prepared and organized for all meetings.
- Receive incoming correspondence and manage outgoing communications, as well as diarize required actions and due dates to ensure timeliness of responses.
- Consistently present a positive and professional image to all internal & external parties
Communication & Document Management:
- Arrange communication activities consistent with internal communication strategies.
- Communicate with major banks and insurance companies during the pre-planning and project closing phases.
- Coordinate logistics of meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Ensure timely preparation and distribution of agendas and minutes.
- Track action items from initiation through to completion.
- Prepare meeting minutes and manage requests for information.
- Facilitate communication among managers, business unit leaders, and project managers.
- Review documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for senior management sign-off, with specific attention to format, content, grammar, spelling, and editing, as necessary.
- Receive invoices, subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders and any other financial documents, which are to be collated, distributed, and processed as required.
- Facilitate strong working relationships with internal and external parties, including clients, consultants, contractors, solicitors, and any other related party.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals, contracts, and tendering.
- Support other departments, including Construction, Leasing, and Property Management.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2-3 years' administrative experience is preferred.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Experience in a related role in the real estate industry is an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Able to maintain private & confidential information with a high degree of professionalism.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment keeping others informed and anticipating their needs.
- Capable of working independently, with minimal direction, to complete routine tasks.
- Advanced written/verbal communication and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to organize information & develop cohesive, professional reports and presentations.
- Strong independent judgment and a high degree of interpersonal effectiveness.
- Willing to occasionally work flexible hours to meet challenging and changing deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Concord, ON L4K 5Y4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person