Competitive Earning Potential: $22/Hour + $375 Hiring Bonus + Annual Company Bonus/Gainshare
(10A-6:30P ET / 9A-5:30P CT / 8A-4:30P MT / 7A-3:30P PT) Weekdays Only
Customer Service is the critical link to strong communications between the sales field and Matco Tools corporate offices. You will provide the infrastructure which supports our franchised distributors, District Managers, Regional Managers, and commercial customers by providing correct product information, pricing, and product availability. You will receive continuous training to facilitate your growth and development, options for career exploration, and enhanced customer service skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist our franchised distributor customers in automotive tool selection, toolbox selection, troubleshooting, price and availability, technical specifications, and ordering.
- Handle all inbound calls from our internal and external sources. This includes, but is not limited to, giving price and availability, part numbers, application assistance, troubleshooting, and basic credits.
- Provide technical support concerning information and specifications for products provided in our Matco Tools catalog and catalogs of our other suppliers.
- Provide technical support concerning information and specificatinos for products provided in our Matco Tools catalog and catalogs of our other suppliers.
- Input orders utilizing internal ordering software systems.
- Engage closely with the Customer Service team to resolve open questions.
- Work cross-functionally with subject matter experts to resolve open questions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to work 10A-6:30P ET Monday-Friday (9A-5:30P CT / 8A-4:30P MT / 7A-3:30P PT)
- 1+ years of call center experience or equivalent experience in dealing with customers
- On the job experience in working with general automotive mechanics a plus
- ASE certification, automotive experience, tool experience, or related trade school degree a plus
- Basic use of PC and keyboard
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret customer issues coupled with the ability to troubleshoot and translate issues into resolution while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to empathize with customer concerns while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Ability to learn quickly on the job
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to answer calls as a primary function of the position
Matco Tools is a manufacturer and distributor of quality, professional grade automotive equipment, tools and toolboxes. We offer more than 13,000 products, sold primarily to professional automotive technicians through a network of franchised mobile tool stores. Matco is a franchising company, a distribution company, and a leading supplier of automotive technology solutions employing approximately 600 associates in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Since 1979, the mission of Matco Tools has been to provide professional mechanics and auto enthusiasts with all the premium tools, storage and equipment they need to get the job done, while also offering best-in-class service and customer support. Our award winning franchise program equips the company's network of nearly 1,800 independent mobile distributors to develop and maintain trust-based relationships with its customers. Ranked among the top 50 in Entrepreneur magazine's 2020 Franchise 500®, the company continues to expand throughout the United States and Canada, adding several hundred mobile stores each year. Matco offers its franchise owners industry-leading training, on-going field support, pre-identified customers, and in-house financing. Those thriving in an innovative, supportive, energized organization where continuous learning is the norm will find themselves well rewarded.
WHO IS VONTIER
Vontier is a $3B global industrial technology company focused on smarter transportation and mobility. Our six operating companies—Gilbarco Veeder-Root, Global Traffic Technologies, Teletrac Navman, Matco Tools, Hennessy Industries, and DRB Systems—are united by a powerful purpose: mobilizing the future to create a better world. Our portfolio of trusted brands includes market-leading expertise in mobility technologies, retail and commercial fueling, fleet management, telematics, vehicle diagnostics and repair, and smart cities. Vontier’s pioneering solutions advance safety, security, efficiency, and sustainability worldwide.
Energized by our shared purpose and values, we have a strong culture shaped by a deep organization-wide commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity (ID&E) and environmental, social, and governance (ESG). Eight vibrant global employee resource groups serve as powerful focal points for connection, community, and advocacy, and we actively support community causes through Vontier Cares. We offer flexible remote and in-person, open-space work options.