About the company
In a nutshell, Guaraná is a mobile application concept launching ramp.
We're a fast-growing and innovative mobile app development agency with over 5 years of experience, over 80 apps delivered an overall 16 million users acquired What makes Guarana different than all common mobile application development agencies is that Guarana creates fully functional and marketable digital products by progressively and vertically integrating all the components of a mobile product lifecycle. We truly care about our client's success and we assist them from polishing the app's concept to delivering a fully functional product, publishing and beyond. Clients are rested assured they'll have assistance through all the needed phases - the market and competition analysis, concept creation, product conception, technical architecture, development, testing, application promotion, and maintenance.
Want to get to know us and our process better?
Check out our branded video about our values and how we work:
To successfully write and publish 63 SEO friendly content pieces over the course of the whole internship (3 pieces per week).
To fully deploy, implement and promote our App of the Year program.
To keep our social media channels live and responsive.
To be able to commit to 30h - 40h per week.
To be available for at least 21 weeks.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
This internship will basically encompass 3 main responsibilities:
1) CONTENT You'll be in charge of our blog and content in general. We'll require you to write 3 content pieces per week, of around 1500 words each. Two of the 3 content pieces are going to be blog posts, and the third one is up to you! Get creative and rotate the third delivery between infographics, eBook chapters, short white papers - the sky's the limit. You'll also be training on basic SEO so you can make sure all of our content pieces are optimized. Keep up with our content calendar and keep track of the data reports so you're always up to date!
Write, edit and proofread blog posts and other content formats
Optimize blog posts and other content according to SEO best practices
Propose innovative content pieces / formats and experiment
Maintain and manage our blog by keeping a constant flow of scheduled posts.
Coordinate design pieces if/when needed with our designer
Distribute content on social media and other distribution channels
2) COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT:
APP AWARDS This year we're launching an Award program as part of our community management efforts where app startups can apply to and win prizes. Your goal is to help us putting the program together! This is a real well-rounded project that'll give you a great sense of project management and basic marketing skills such as creating paid ads on social media platforms and Adwords, Digital PR, Email Marketing and outreach.
Scouting for judges
Scouting for prize sponsorships
Creating advertising and email marketing campaigns
Promoting the awards on social media channels
Sending press releases on nominees, winners, etc
Onboarding award nominees
3) COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT:
You'll be responsible for our social media channels - which means posting content and company announcements, interacting with followers and keeping it alive! We're also very flexible on ideas here - if you have ideas on what you'd like to do to make these channels more interactive or just create buzz, we can assure they'll be welcomed.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH:
- Increase our traffic significantly by creating relevant, well-optimized blog posts and other creative content.
- Fully implement our community management award program from A to Z
- Help to increase our brand awareness
- Help to increase our SEO rankings
- Have measurable results of your impact on the company by the end of your internship (that's rare!)
Fluent English and French
Communication-related degree is an asset
Have well-defined career goals. We know this is a tough one - but this is not a good internship for you if you're just looking for a summer job. However, this is a great internship opportunity if you're looking to acquire some of these skills to help to launch your career forward in a related field.
Be able to work autonomously. This is a small team, and you'll be well guided and trained, but the whole fun is in taking ownership of your projects and practice making decisions!
Be able to work as a team. We're all in this together :
Be comfortable talking on the phone. Sometimes you'll have to call people to pitch the project.
- This internship is paid hourly, depending on how many hours you're able to commit. (Minimum wage)