Weight Performance Specialist-TPRS-CASB02260688
WEIGHT PERFORMANCE SPECIALIST
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Weight Performance Specialist and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in St Bruno, Quebec.
As a Weight Performance Specialist, you will control mass and balance properties on Bombardier Transportation products to ensure that they comply with their performance and safety requirements during operation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Help building block owners and design teams achieve their limits. Constructively challenge design and integration solutions to enable cost and weight savings, drawing inspiration from best practices (internal, across product families and external, from relevant industries). Manage associated risks and opportunities;
- Update mass and balance performance of all building blocks, and maintain a weight control structure for all vehicle and train configurations to forecast compliance with requirements. Review/query numerical models (CATIA/TCUA), drawings and supplier reports. Generate/update reports and deliverables;
- Assign mass and balance limits to all vehicle building blocks, such that the underlying products comply with their requirements, while optimising weight and total cost of ownership. Leverage product knowledge, and experience from other relevant industries (automotive, aerospace, marine, oil & gas, etc) to benchmark allocations.
- Engineering degree, preferably mechanical. Master’s degree is an asset, but is not mandatory;
- Three (3) to ten (10) years of experience in mass and balance control or vehicle architecture in a relevant industry, preferably automotive, aerospace or marine;
- Understanding of costs and capabilities in manufacturing and testing;
- Basic working knowledge of Catia (ideally V5) or other CAD systems;
- High math skills, and a basic understanding of static mechanics;
- Excellent communication skills in English and French, written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Loads and Dynamics
11.05.2020, 2:57:38 PM
22.08.2020, 11:59:00 PM