Come join our team of amazing people!
Cobourg Home Hardware Building Centre is a state of the art, modern Home Hardware Building Centre with tremendous strength in products such as building materials, home décor, flooring, outdoor living and gardening products. This industry leading operation won Best Building Supply in Canada in 2019 (Hardlines ORA) and Best HHBC over 25,000sq within Home Hardware in 2018.
Since inception, our goal has been to provide our builders, contractors and DIY customers with the best possible shopping experience supported by a wide range of products and services. Our commitment to hiring and training great staff and associates has allowed us to deliver on that goal. We truly value our people and support them with programs that have increased tenures well beyond industry norms.
You have the talent, we have the tools! Come work for a Company where your hard work and ideas won’t go unnoticed and will contribute to an evolving business! You will be heard and valued and find career opportunities that will further develop your unique set of skills. If you are looking to grow and evolve – we are the perfect fit for each other.
We are currently seeking a creative individual with a love of home design to join our team as a full-time Paint and Décor Specialist!
Why Join Our Team?
By joining the Cobourg HHBC family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- We recognize our biggest asset: our people
- An inclusive and safe working environment.
- Promotion of a work life balance.
- We offer a super competitive compensation structure including paid vacation time.
- There is tremendous opportunity for advancement, growth and continuous learning.
- Opportunity to enrol in our outstanding extended health and dental benefits.
- Available retirement savings matching program.
- Dynamic team environment with an employer who is involved in the community.
- Exclusive store discount.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Paint and Décor Specialist is responsible for providing excellent customer service and making home design dreams a reality. This involves asking questions to understand the customer’s project, making suggestions for colours, products and complementary décor ideas as appropriate.
The role is responsible for but not limited to:
- Greeting contractors and customers promptly to ensure a good customer experience.
- Present and demonstrate product highlighting features and suggesting complementary products.
- Provide information on product features, decorating options, samples etc.
- Mix paint, copy or make colour corrections as requested by the contractor or customer.
- Ensure merchandising is up to date including colour of the month, promotional signage, product visibility etc.
- Keep up to date in product knowledge.
- Foster trust relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of service.
- Assist cashiers and home expressions department as able and needed.
- Achieve and maintain sales performance metrics.
- Operate two-way radio and cellphone to receive instruction and provide updates.
- Attend store meetings, training sessions, etc. as required.
- Work on additional duties, special projects and assignments as assigned by the Store Manager or General Manager.
- Always maintain professional demeanour and behave in a manner befitting company policy and expectations.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behavior to management in order to have the situation corrected.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Experience working in retail, logistics or customer service sector is an asset.
- Have a “do what it takes” attitude.
- A passion for sales and customer satisfaction is a must.
- Strong computer proficiency.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail accuracy required.
- Capability to take initiative, work independently and with others.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to lift merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs and climb up and down ladders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some weekends, evenings and holidays.
Please apply in writing referencing posting #2022-16 outlining qualifications and experience by 4:00pm on May 20 2022 to Human Resources via email.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-05-27