BE PART OF THE TEAM THAT
BRINGS THE WORLD TOGETHER.
Treasury Analyst Co-op Student
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team and connect with your potential.
Port of Vancouver is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 360 kilometres of shoreline and waterways and bordering on 16 municipalities. We lead the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers, annually trading $184 billion in goods with more than 160 trading economies.
Reporting to the Manager, Treasury, this position is responsible for assisting with the delivery of financial services as directed, with cash and debt management and credit analysis as the primary focus of this position.
- Conduct daily and monthly bank reconciliation and liaise with internal department and bank representatives to resolve discrepancies.
- Forecast daily, weekly, and monthly cash receipts and disbursements from ongoing operations including lease and tariff revenues, outside services, works contracts, and property transactions.
- Perform financial statement analysis and financial due diligence on tenants and customers to ensure adequate credit risk management.
- Assist with maintenance, updates, and improvements to the VFPA’s various financial models as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must be a full-time student enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce degree program specializing in Finance and/or Accounting. Proficient computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office and Excel, are essential.
Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to liase effectively and positively with staff. Must be a highly motivated individual with a strong orientation to customer service and teamwork. Requires an excellent command of the English language, both oral and written.
Normal office conditions
TERM & HOURS
Preferred work term would be from May 4 to August 31, 2020. Regular daytime working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Hourly rate is $21.05
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please apply by e-mailing your resume and cover letter to Sara Lo, Human Resources Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org by February 21, 2020.
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.