Job Title: Retail Sales Representative
Job Location: Northeast Ontario
Territory: Vaughan and North Toronto. Bounded by 427 to 404, north of the 407 to south of the 401.
The Retail Sales Representative will execute store level sales and promotion plans with customer retailers in assigned territory. The territory consists of high volume food chain grocers and mass merchandiser customers. The RSR masters retail execution plans by driving incremental sales, implementing and maintaining best-in-class promotional and merchandising strategies, and ensuring 100% distribution on authorized Hershey items across all classes of trade.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Taking action by achieving and maintaining distribution of all Hershey brands / products in assigned territory.
- Achieve merchandising and promotional objectives with assigned customers.
- Take appropriate action to achieve sales volume objectives agreed upon in the Region/District Sales plan.
- With every retail visit, maintain the quality and integrity of our product by insuring proper product rotation and follow up on production code date.
- Manage within policies and procedures the issuance of credits and merchandising allowances.
- Professionally build rapport with all customers based on practice of basic principles related to service and handling of our important customers.
- Assure administrative and reporting responsibilities in accordance with Company standards. Including regular reporting of competitive activity within the assigned territory. Also maintain an effective level of communication within the Region as the situation warrants.
- Owning the territory of 90-120 assigned stores according to the planned route and frequency, on a planned basis. Assuring store level, distribution, merchandising and sales.
Minimum required knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize and manage priorities
- Highly motivated and able to work independently within a team environment
- Solid analytical skills
- Must have a valid Canadian driver's license
- Reside within territory boundaries which encompasses Vaughan and North Toronto. Bounded by 427 to 404, north of the 407 to south of the 401.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. on a regular basis with or without reasonable accommodations
- Highly competitive
- Position is full time and working hours are typical business hours, Monday through Friday for 35 hours per week.
Education and training:
- Bachelors Degree with relevant experience of a minimum of three years. Good knowledge of trade account, trade classes and the consumer packaged goods industry.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)