Graphic Packaging is searching for a results-oriented Director of Operations to drive efficiency and innovation for our assigned plants in our Americas Division. This position sits as a member of the senior leadership team. In this critical role the successful candidate will improve all aspects of manufacturing via continuous process improvement, production management, and development of manufacturing talent and teams. The ideal candidate will provide hands-on oversight of operations and set the overall strategic direction of Graphic Packaging International’s sheet fed and web manufacturing operations. Establish world class manufacturing discipline to production functions through strategic and operational innovation to support business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs Plant/ Production managers at each plant location to drive plant performance to exceed quality and efficiency standards.
- Maintains operating costs within budget.
- Directs plant managers by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising results.
- Ensures operational readiness of equipment through proper maintenance management programs.
- Ensures all manufacturing operations comply with safety, quality, and GPI requirements.
- Coordinates with the cross-functional business team to identify and implement the enhancements to products and systems to maximize profitability and product quality goals.
- Supports succession planning by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training plant managers.
- Manages headcount consistent with plant operating budget.
- Drives overall strategy to maximize profitability and cost containment.
- Travel: up to 50%.
- Ensures financial objectives of the plant are met through development and implementation of annual operating plans and timely resolution of deviation from plan.
- Directs the development and implementation of cost control programs to ensure the plants are competitive within the industry. Maintains plant spoilage program within budget in conjunction with the Continuous Improvement and production department managers.
- Coordinates plant and corporate resources to resolve material, process and production problems in the plant.
This is a summary of the key responsibilities of this position. The Company reserves the right to require the role-holder to undertake such additional tasks or duties as may be within their capabilities and abide by all reasonable rules and instruction given by the Company.
- Excellent problem solving, and reasoning skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed, including coaching, teambuilding and training skills. Ability to effectively present information to all levels of the company; plant floor to executive leadership.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good computer skills required
- Ability to utilize technology to enhance the growth/performance of the organization
- Proven leader able to quickly build rapport and credibility with staff to communicate vision and obtain buy-in for pursuit of manufacturing goals
- Demonstrable and successful track record of commitment to continuous manufacturing process improvement and high-performance operations
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of manufacturing experience in the corrugated, folding carton or paper manufacturing industry.
- Minimum of 10 years directing multiple manufacturing sites.
- Previous experience in supervision of teams, managing manufacturing processes, production planning, strategic planning, dealing with complexity in carton manufacturing.
- Prior experience in LEAN manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated financial management, analytical and budgeting skills.
- Bilingual French and English.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process
Job Type: Full-time
- multiple locations: 10 years (Preferred)
- folding cartons, corrugate manufacturing: 10 years (Required)
- strong communication: 5 years (Required)