SERVICE MANAGER - VAUGHAN
Top Lift Enterprises is a leader in heavy equipment sales and distribution in Canada and have been for more than 28 years. Beginning as a service provider with a focus on intermodal container handling equipment, the company has expanded to offer a wide-ranging choice of new and pre-owned heavy equipment for sale and rental, and services a diverse range of customers in several major industries.
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
Reporting directly to the Senior Terminal Manager, the successful candidate will possess a detailed operational background with solid understanding of a billable shop environment. You have a high degree of organization, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines with a high performance. Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensuring repairs to customer’s equipment is done in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing downtime.
- Ensuring effective use of mechanics / technicians time through planned & unplanned service work (controlling unbilled hours).
- Supervision of field service mechanics / technicians, providing clear work direction.
- Ensuring H&S policies and practices are strictly enforced with a focus on providing a safe work environment.
- Effective inventory management.
- Manage mechanics / technicians equipment & resources within budget guidelines.
- Effective manpower planning of mechanics / technicians.
- Knowledge of AAR job coding and tariffs would be a significant asset.
- Certificate of Qualification as a licensed mechanic (310J or 310T).
- At least 5 years of service experience in a related field.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced office and field environment.
- Ability to respond to emergency calls after normal business hours.
- Valid drivers license.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary range of $75,000 to $85,000 depending on experience.
- Bonus potential associated with the site’s net profit.
- Comprehensive health and dental plan as well as Company pension plan.
- Company provided vehicle; gas card and cell phone.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- service: 5 years (Preferred)
- driver's license (Required)
- 310J or 310T (Preferred)