- 7 years in a technical solutions architect role, designing, implementing distributed applications, databases, and networks.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Imagine being a part of a team where your ideas have the potential to change companies, reshape industries, and improve the lives of many. Picture working with cutting-edge technology, the most dynamic business's, and a talented & inclusive team. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-10 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Web Services where you can have fun while making history. Come and help build the future with us as a Solutions Architect.
As a Solutions Architect (SA), you should partner with customers, AWS Sales, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you should help drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, you should help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions. You should seek out opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broaden the use of the AWS platform across the customer's organization. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architect, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing a comprehensive learning program. The AWS Solutions Architecture team provides an opportunity to work in an open environment that includes self-paced learning, instructor-led training, hands-on projects, and job shadowing opportunities to develop your knowledge of the AWS ecosystem of services and solutions. The ideal candidate has a curious mind, a thirst for knowledge, and a desire to understand how technology works. By working backwards from defined customer outcomes, you achieve results that delight AWS customers. You enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and develop new ones so you can make meaningful contributions to long-term customer success.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build deep relationships with customers to become a trusted advisor for their most critical workloads that support their digital transformation and journey to the cloud.
- Support achievement of revenue objectives through the adoption and migration of applications, software, and services onto the AWS platform, in partnership with the sales team.
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Contribute to AWS internal and customer-facing publications such as white-papers and blogs as a means of scaling your knowledge.
- Act as a liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support to address customer needs.
- Open to travel within the city or province and up to 25% out of province as required for customer meetings.
AWS training during on-boarding process, (typically first 3 months) can require travel to the USA for up to 5 consecutive days.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies (e.g. ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
- Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT managers, and developers
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to employment equity. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce that reflects Canada is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills and value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build. Amazon is committed to providing accommodation at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.