Maintenance Supervisor – PM Shift
Summer Fresh Salads is a leading manufacturer of dips and salads in Canada. We currently have an opening for Maintenance Supervisor PM shift. This key position within our organization will report to Maintenance Manager.
The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented individual with a strong, self-directed work ethic. In a busy work environment, the ability to juggle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines is a necessity.
The main responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to:
- Responsibility for supervision of Maintenance Technicians (electrician/millwright) in orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Ensures all duties and responsibilities are completed in accordance with the Company’s, Health & Safety, Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Install and maintain processing/packaging equipment
- Perform machine overhauls as required
- Monitor plant equipment operation and perform necessary running repairs
- Communicate any maintenance work performed or maintenance requirements to the shift Manager
- Ensure all maintenance reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain general cleanliness and tidiness of work area
- Generate and implement continuous improvement ideas for poduction operations
- Other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferably food
- 3+ years of proven supervisory experience
- Millwright or industrial electrician license will take precedence over other candidates
- PLC trouble shooting skills
- Able to read electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, excel)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
Please provide your salary expectations.
Summer Fresh Salads welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Maintenance Supervisor: 3 years (Required)
- maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Electrical (Preferred)
- Millwright (Preferred)