- A diploma in Social Service Work;
- Registered with the OCSWSSW;
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in providing community-based mental health services
including crisis intervention, referral, and advocacy;
- Knowledge of professional values and ethics, theory and established practices of community
treatment and competency in primary clinical practice, including: assessment, treatment, and
crisis intervention skills;
- Knowledge of family systems and family dynamics and skill in working with families is an asset;
- Knowledge of community systems and resources for the purpose of networking and
collaborating with other services;
- Ability to operate computer software packages required for effective information management;
- Ability to demonstrate expertise in the field of Mental Health and Addictions;
- Ability to work autonomously with limited need for supervision;
- Possession of a valid driver`s license;
- Ability to maintain strict client confidentiality and adhere to all corporate policies and
procedures pertaining to confidentiality;
not limited to:
- Understanding of diversity as it affects different populations and service delivery, including, but
gender, sexual identity, ethnic, First Nations, spirituality, and racial issues;
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skill with the ability to function effectively independently,
within a team, with front line personnel , and management;
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast paced healthcare environment with
excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
1. Intake assessments:
- Dependable with a verifiable acceptable attendance record;
- Proven ability to perform the essential duties of the position on a regular basis;
- Familiar with Occupational Health & Safety Workers’ rights and responsibilities.
provided initial assessment and screening of clients and facilitates
assignment to the most appropriate counsellor.
2. Provides referral information for other community resources/ services as appropriate to client
3. Assists with the maintenance and monitoring of the waitlist for counselling services.
4. Provides advocacy and referrals to help clients’ access relevant community services.
5. Ability to effectively collaborate with other professionals as required.
6. Maintains cooperative working relationships with community agencies and services.
7. Ensures quality client care that is consistent with best practices, agency standards, and evidence
8. Ability to create and maintain confidential accurate, up-to-date, comprehensive client records.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and Employment Application form by
using one of the following options:
1. Email to:
2. Fax to:
807-274-2898 Attention: Human Resources
3. Mail or hand deliver to:
Human Resources, 110 Victoria Avenue, Fort Frances, ON P9A 2B7
Resumes accepted for consideration on our advertised positions must quote the job reference number along
with the job title. We wish to thank all applicants, however, only those invited for an interview will be