Job Number: 79916
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital
Status: Regular Part-time
Hours per week: 0.01
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: ONA Local 70
Minimum Salary: 33.2300 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 47.5700
Post Date: May 28, 2020, 4:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Ongoing
The Heart Investigation Unit serves the Central-South region of Ontario and comprises 4 cardiac catheterization labs and a 32 bed reception/recovery area. The interdisciplinary team comprises cardiologists, critical care nurses, HIU technicians and medical radiation technologists. Interventions include left and right heart catheterizations and interventional procedures such as angioplasty, stent insertion, valvuloplasty and transcutaneous aortic valve implantation.
As a member of the healthcare team, the Registered Nurse coordinates and evaluates patient care and provides nursing care according to the job description and standards of practice for Registered Nurses in the HIU.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays (standby/call back as required)
1. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
2. Current BCLS certification, ACLS certification
3. Recent 2 years experience (within the last 2 years) in acute cardiac care nursing and critical care nursing
4. Recent 2 years experience (within the last 2 years) with interventional cardiology procedures
5. Recent 2 years experience (within the last 2 years) in and successful completion of ECG interpretation/treatment, hemodynamic monitoring (arterial lines and pulmonary artery catheters), ventilation, IV access, venipuncture, defibrillation, pacemakers
6. Demonstrated knowledge of the assessment and management of an acute cardiac population and critically ill adults
7. Demonstrated knowledge of the nursing care planning process and evidence of the ability to utilize problem-solving and critical thinking techniques effectively in a critical care setting.
8. demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
9. Ability to perform well in critical high stress situations
10. Ability to wear lead for extended periods of time
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement