Do you have a passion for caring for seniors? Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? We're looking for dedicated Personal Care Attendants to join our Night Shift.
- Supervise/assist as required with resident bathing, grooming, dressing, eating, transferring, walking, etc;
- Baths are done according to the provided daily schedule;
- Accompany residents to outside appointments as necessary;
- Encourage/assist residents in daily activities such as bed making and general tidiness of their rooms;
- Launder residents’ clothes as scheduled;
- Ensure all soiled linen/clothing is transported to the laundry room;
- Monitor changes in residents’ condition and behaviour and advise the manager of changes;
- Document changes in progress notes;
- Socialize with residents;
- Encourage residents to stay in contact with family;
- Use supplies wisely and economically. Inform manager when supplies running low or new items are required;
- Assist new residents with integration, introducing them to other residents and inviting to participate in activities;
- Orient new residents to the environment and routines; and,
- Maintain a caring and interested attitude when dealing with residents and families.
- Complete detailed room cleaning as presented on the daily schedule;
- Daily complete the basic duties for every room (clean sink, replace towels, sweep and mop floors, etc.);
- Launder linens and clothing as needed and scheduled;
- Ensure hallways and doorways are free from obstruction to prevent accidents;
- Sweep/mop hallways during the day as needed to keep free of water; and,
- Report the need for repairs using the form provided to the manager.
- Set tables, pour juice, make tea and coffee prior to mealtime;
- Serve meals and snacks as instructed by the cook or Team Leader;
- Encourage residents to eat their meals and snacks;
- Encourage compliance with special diets;
- Record changes in residents eating habits or appetite;
- Clear tables, wipe and disinfect when the meal is complete;
- Load dishwashers and run; and,
- Empty dining room garbage, refill ice cube trays, sweep the floor when needed;
- Ensure all exits are cleared of snow and ice accumulation in winter; and,
- Participate in emergency drills as required.
If this sounds like you then we want to get in touch! Apply today and join our exceptional team.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary