- Large Boat (over 30 ft.) Driving & Trailering Experience
- Big Ticket Item Sales Experience
The Okanagan’s premier boat dealership is searching for a highly professional, ENERGETIC & EXPERIENCED sales representatives to join our team and sell high ticket items! This is your chance to work in the Okanagan Lifestyle Industry with Kelowna’s Premier Marine Group – Malibu Marine. For 32 years our team has enjoyed serving our amazing clients, helping them create lasting boating memories and having fun along the way.
- Previous experience working in a marine dealership.
- Business and/or technical education at a university/college (beneficial)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proven Marine sales experience (minimum 1-year sales experience)
- Experience in dealing with customers. Minimum 2 years previous experience in a similar role and environment.
- Previous sales training and experience. Confident in guiding clients through the sales process.
- Strong closing skills
- Working knowledge of standard computer applications (i.e. MS Office, Excel, email etc.)
- Comfortable with technology - upload/download documents and photos internet searches (google)
- Proficiency in trailering and operating a vessel with the utmost care and safety.
- Experienced with the systems and the operation of larger cruisers and yachts.
- Professional appearance, well-groomed and put together like you belong in a luxury environment.
The Sales Consultant acts as a Brand Ambassador in the selling of our Luxury Formula boat line and advises and supports prospects and customers throughout the entire sales process. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to close business prospects and supply full after sales support and customer care. Along with driving our boats sales, the valued team member will be expected to assist with all reasonable jobs such as set-up, prep, troubleshooting, and the trailer boats that may be required to meet the needs of the business.
- Acting as a Malibu Marine Brand Ambassador focusing on Formula Boats.
- Providing excellent customer care while achieving personal and company targets.
- Establish and nurture customer relationships for the purpose of selling new or used Formula Boats.
- On water customer demo's
- Handle incoming sales traffic (online, over the phone and in-person) and qualify prospects.
- Achieve and exceed sales targets
- Arrange trade-in appraisals.
- Liaise between prospect and General Manager during negotiations.
- Arrange new and pre-owned deliveries.
- Actively prospect new customers on a continuous basis and frequently follow up with existing customers.
- Complete all sales paperwork accurately and timely
- Keep updated with all manufacturer product launches, updates and product sales training
- Passion of boating, watersports and the overall Marine Industry.
- Energy, drive, focus, intellect and vision.
- A clear written and verbal communicator.
- High levels of self-discipline and organizational ability; with a focus on delivering promises.
- Strong attention to detail, confidentiality, and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of accuracy.
- Keenness to learn and grow
- Strong time management skills.
- Trustworthy, respectful and able to demonstrate strong work ethics.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Boating and Marine experience (required)
- Sales experience with a luxury brand: 2 years (beneficial)
- Customer Centric Focus: 2 years (required)
- Quality Customer Relations Skills and Sales Track Record: 2 years (required)
- Licence: Drivers License Class 1 or 3 (required)
- Operation of larger boat. (required)
- Trailering large boats (required)
- Competitive Salary
- *Generous performance based bonus program
- Comprehensive group Healthcare program including dental coverage.
- Vacation & paid time off
- Company events & social hours
- Casual dress
- Attend Boat Shows, Trade Shows and other events
- Fun and empowering work environment
If you know how to use your positive attitude and love of selling to close the deal, we want you to join our team!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Sales: 2 years (Required)
- Marine/Boating: 2 years (Required)