Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Do you have a positive attitude and genuine passion for radio? Are you a multi-talented audio producer with wicked production skills and a compelling personality to boot? Do you know how to capture the essence of a station brand or client business and turn it into audio ear candy that drives genuine results?
If so, we’d like to hear from you. Send us your resume and demo today!
Yes, we’ll require references, your social media links and a little bit about why you are “the one”. But please know that we’ll assume you are hardworking, dedicated, etc. What we really want to know is why you require a little more thought than the other talented candidates. What is it that sets you apart?
Audio Producer/Evening Announcer
Radio – 101.5 The WOLF and 100.5 FRESH Radio
Full Time – Union Position – 37.5 Hours/Week
About the Role:
101.5 The WOLF and 100.5 FRESH Radio have a fantastic opportunity for a full-time Audio Producer and Evening Announcer. Reporting to the Program Manager, our preferred candidate will be primarily responsible for commercial production and station imaging for both our local radio brands, as well as, hosting the evening show on 101.5 The Wolf. This person possesses exceptional production skills with a creative flair for lifting the words off the page and bringing them to life. This person understands that the foundation for success starts with good culture and plays nice with all departments – Programming, Promotions, Sales and Creative. Customer service is key as we strive to offer the very best creative in the market. Our preferred candidate also has an outstanding personality that shines not only in the hallways, but on-air as well. In addition to commercial and imaging production, this person will be required to balance the workload of daily audio production duties with daily voice-track duties for a
4-hour weeknight shift on Peterborough’s #1 rock station, Central Ontario’s Best Rock, 101.5 The Wolf.
- Produce local commercials and station promos for 100.5 Fresh Radio and 101.5 The Wolf
- Produce station imaging for 100.5 Fresh Radio and 101.5 The Wolf
- Produce online host efforts – i.e. podcasts – as required
- Work closely with the writer(s) to ensure that the “creative vision” is realized and impactful.
- Quality Control – ensuring all spots are produced to the correct length and complimenting of the station formats and/or client’s business, product or service.
- Directing and coaching announcers/clients voicing spots in order to capture the best performance.
- Work closely with Sales Department in creating powerful, targeted, effective radio advertising campaigns that achieve results, ensure client satisfaction and drive revenue – including specs spots.
- Upload nationally supplied (and other) creative, and specialty programming, etc. – as required.
- Ensuring all equipment and department resources are treated with the utmost care and respect.
- Participate in weekly meetings as required – including Creative, Promotions and Programming.
- Demonstrate a passion for the music we play and/or a willingness to embrace the formats
- Any other responsibilities and/or duties as required by management.
What We Need From You:
- must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license
- must have a “clean” driving record - no infractions or convictions
- must be able to provide an acceptable “Driver’s Abstract” upon request
- ability to speak the English language clearly with expression and confidence (on and off the air)
- must be reliable and punctual
- must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision
- must be able to use social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Extensive experience with ProTools in a Mac environment, Adobe Audition in a Windows environment
- Experience in iMedia production and on-air software an asset
- Minimum 1-year experience in an on-air role – preferably in a rock format … but not required
- Must have a positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.