The Meat Cutter is responsible for preparing meat products for customer purchase and maintaining displays following company meat standards and Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) regulations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Prepares meat products for display by performing duties such as cutting and trimming, grinding, wrapping, and tying roasts according to standards.
2. Maintains displays by checking and determining which products are required by maintaining the production list, rotating product, scanning and recording waste, product reductions and discarding expired product.
3. Assists with maintaining product inventory by reviewing product, calculating required inventory, and ordering when Meat Mangers is absent.
4. Assists Assistant Manager with verifying meat orders received, by reviewing invoices, verifying weight, quantity, quality code dates and costs, and placing into storage.
5. Ensures compliance with government legislation and company standards including food safety by cleaning and disinfecting all areas as required such as butcher area sinks, counters, and equipment following all sanitation schedules and food safety logs.
6. Ensures the equipment is in a good safe working order by reporting any unsafe equipment or conditions, guards, lockouts etc.
7. Provides customer service by greeting them, providing products as requested, and responding to their needs, concerns, and inquiries.
8. May weigh, wrap and price meat products as well as fill displays, if required.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
Skills & Abilities
Other Job Requirements
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time