Who MTM-2 Contracting Is
We are a civil contracting company located in Milton operating throughout the province of Ontario. We are looking to grow our team with people who share our values of quality workmanship, integrity, passion, and have a problem solving attitude not problem making.
Summary of Position
The Foreman works with the Supervisor/Project Management to ensure construction complies with drawings, specifications and schedule. The site Foreman plans and coordinates work of all trades on site and motivates them to accomplish daily activities safely, correctly and efficiently.
- Execute construction projects in strict accordance with the contract documents, specifications
- Plan and execute schedule and targets alongside supervisor and project manager
- Ensure verification of safety compliance with all labor forces including subcontractors
- Ensure completion of all daily reports
- Daily subcontractor and material invoice tracking
- Daily health and safety documentation
- Responsible to enforce all project quality-control policies
- Analyze specifications and construction drawings
- Effectively written and oral communication with clients and project representatives
Who we are looking for:
- Self-motivated individuals with the ability to oversee the completion of a project from start to finish
- High level of ownership and pride in work
- Able to lead and motivate crew to the success of the project
- Ability to think ahead and pre-order materials or reserve equipment so time on job site is not lost.
- Ability to efficiently organize and run a team on site.
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner.
- Knowledge and ability to work with specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete construction practices.
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Able to work throughout the province of Ontario, mainly
We complete projects located throughout the province of Ontario but for this position the project sites will mainly consist within 1.5 hrs driving distance of Milton, Ontario outside of the GTA. Sample locations include Orangeville, Waterloo, Barrie, and Cannington.
- 5+ years civil construction experience
- 2+ years of Forman experience
- Able to drive throughout the province of Ontario
- Must have extensive knowledge of the concrete field and carpentry experience
- Must possess a valid G driver’s license
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 to $40.00 /hour
- Consult blueprints, designs, and client instructions to develop construction plans for your team
- Manage construction sites, ensuring that workers adhere to construction plans and safety codes
- Create and enforce employee schedules and construction timelines
- Document all costs and ensure that expenses never exceed the construction budget
- Update clients on construction progress through presentations and client meetings
- Other duties as requested