Job Title: Roofing Products Sales Representative
Division: Bailey Metal Products Limited
Reports to: Roofing Product Manager
Job Purpose Summary
The Roofing Sales Representative is responsible for selling Baileys’ roofing products through established customer channels and new customers who specialize in the distribution of roofing products to contractors. The Sales Representative will reach the business targets through effective management of the designated territory, prospecting and physical visits to customer sites (distributors and contractors). New customer development is especially important to reaching territory targets and will required continued focus from the Sales Representative. This individual will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with all customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and foster relationships with customers ensuring the customer’s needs are being met.
- Create account targets and develop strategies to convert non-supporting customers into clients.
- Emphasize product features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Generate and develop new customer accounts to increase revenue, by cold-calling if necessary.
- Actively manage call schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner.
- Analyze marketing data using applicable sales management software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain accurate records; including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, and other documentation.
- Assist in creating request for proposal (RFP) responses to potential clients.
- Represent company and perform professional presentations or demonstrations of company products at professional shows and trade exhibitions.
- Make front-line assessment of market conditions and advise Company of findings.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products, competitor activities, and other research.
- Participate in the company’s quarterly inventory count.
- Understands and adheres to the company’s health and safety policies, programs and procedures by communicating and promoting health and safety awareness to all employees.
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Always conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity, sensitivity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the Roofing Product Manager
- 3 - 5 years sales experience within the Building Materials industry - roofing customers focus (Distribution and Contractors) is preferred.
- Valid “G” level driver’s license with clean drivers abstract.
- Understanding of roofing products and roofing techniques.
- Diploma or degree preferably in marketing, business, or related field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual (French & English) is an asset.
- Able to travel to, attend, and conduct presentations in a professional manner.
- Strategic thinking and planning.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and able to contribute in a team environment.
- Technical aptitude desired
- Frequent travel is required, often up to several hours of driving per day.
- Overtime as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 3 years (Preferred)