CORPORATE EMERGENCY & CRITICAL CARE FLOAT PROGRAM
12 HOUR SHIFTS; DAY/NIGHT;WEEKENDS:
(Subject to change)
LAKERIDGE HEALTH OSHAWA, BOWMANVILLE, PORT PERRY and AJAX
SALARY $33.23 - $47.57 per hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Registered Nurse (RN) with the Emergency/Critical Care Float (ER/CCU) will utilize nursing process in providing exceptional patient care. The RN ER/CCU Float will participate as a member of the Resource Pool Nursing Team for the Emergency and Critical Care site specific programs. As an individual practitioner RNs will maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice. The ER/CCU Float nurse will be responsible for maintaining the health record according to hospital policy, procedure and standards.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Registration with the College of Nurse of Ontario;
- Current B.L.S.;
- B.Sc.N. and A.C.L.S preferred;
- Critical care certificate completion preferred and/or must be enrolled within year;
- Demonstrated commitment to maintain the Quality Assurance Program as outlined by the CNO;
- Recent significant Emergency/Critical Care/Intensive Care/Cardiopulmonary experience;
- Proven cardiac rhythm interpretation and patient assessment skills;
- Demonstrated ventilator and haemodynamic monitoring, EKG interpretation, trauma nursing skills, preferred;
- Proven effective organizational, prioritization, critical thinking, time management, problem-solving and teaching skills;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven sound judgement, good observation skills, tact and empathy;
- Demonstrated ability to assume a charge/supervisory role;
- Physically capable to lift, turn, transfer patients manually and with assistance;
- Demonstrated ongoing professional development activities;
- Must have a satisfactory performance record;
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices, including staff, patient and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service in this area; and
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit Local 051).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.