If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Nurse Manager is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of Sienna team members.
As a Nurse Manager your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Directing and managing team members of the Long Term Care Community, meeting with families, addressing immediate resident care requirements, completing quality assurance assignments, ensuring coverage and coordination of emergency response protocols in the absence of the other Long Term Care Community managers.
- Participating in programs to monitor, evaluating and improving the quality of nursing services provided by the unit.
- Making independent decisions and practicing sound judgment in response to resident care requirements in accordance with accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Organizing and coordinating nursing with hospital, and community to meet individual, family and group needs.
- Participating in the recruitment, orientation, performance management and training of team members as required.
- Monitoring and evaluating unit team member compliance with facility and service policies and procedures.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Bonus points for having:
- Degree from an accredited university or college in Registered Nurse.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Medication Administration Certificate, which meets the College of Nurses Standards of Practice.
- Minimum of 3 years geriatric and management experience.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation governing the long-term care sector including Long-Term Care Homes Act, Residents’ Bill of Rights, and Employment Standards.
- Demonstrates an understanding of current trends and concepts relative to professional nursing, and has a sound nursing knowledge in geriatric care and in nursing administration.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Current BCLS certificate an asset.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.