W.R. Davis Engineering Ltd (Davis) is a dynamic mid-sized company specializing in the design of infrared (IR) signature solutions for both naval and aerospace platforms. Davis performs ground-up design, development and manufacturing at our Ottawa, Canada facility. More background available at www.davis-eng.com
Our production team consists of some of the best thin gauge fitter/fabricators in the world and we are currently looking to expand. Are you interested in joining a team of metal working professionals providing industry leading technology to global customers? Are you bored with your current job and need a challenge? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We are currently looking for:
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will be required to form thin gauge metal through rolling, bending, stretching and shrinking to Military Standards
- Will be required grind and buff thin gauge metals of .025 to .040 thickness.
- Will be required to drill close tolerance holes in Stainless Steel, Inconel, Titanium, and Aluminum
- Require use of hand and drill press with correct speeds and pressure on different metals
- Will be required to rivet with different fasteners using rivet gun and bucking bar, hand squeeze guns, and floor squeezers in thin gauge metals .025 - .040.
- Sound knowledge of riveting required.
- De-riveting experience when required
- Required to have a working knowledge of manufacturing equipment, shear, roll. press brake, drills, riveters
- Capable of accurate measurement using venires, micrometers, etc.
- Will require a knowledge of Aerospace blue prints and related terminology
- Must be capable of good communication
- Working with tight tolerances
- Able to follow all Health and Safety rules and procedure
- Other related duties
- Precision Aerospace training or field experience preferred
- Experience working within an ISO Quality Program preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Controlled Goods
What we offer:
- Exciting products and a great atmosphere.
- Centrally located with free parking.
- Shifts Mon-Fri 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM with occasional overtime as needed.
- Clean, climate controlled facility
- Top industry wages based on experience & qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits program and DPSP matching
- Skills development, training and advancement opportunities
- Secure industry
- Safety Boot Allowance
- Employee referral bonuses
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Assembly : 1 year (Required)