Executive Administrative Assistant
The responsibilities of the position are to:
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors, including correspondence and confidential documentation;
- Act as liaison for the Executive Director with the Board of Directors;
- Assist the Board of Directors by
- taking minutes at meetings,
- working with the Board Secretary to prepare and distribute minutes, agendas and information packages;
- preparing the Board’s quarterly newsletter;
- maintaining the official Board records on behalf of the Executive Director;
- maintaining the official bylaws of the organization;
- organizing the annual general meeting and other board-associated events (i.e. special meetings, workshops.);
- maintains and updates the governance manual
- maintain and update CORE publications (i.e. Organization charts, tree, pamphlets etc.)
- Assist the Executive Director and Board with media and public relations;
- Assist the Executive Director with initiatives;
- Conduct research as directed by the Executive Director;
- Prepare material for official employee and volunteer recognition;
- Assist the Senior Management Team as needed;
- Maintain the CORE websiteand CORE calendar.
- Prepare scheduling of front desk coverage andprovidecoverageas needed.
- Attend committee meetings as requested, taking minutes and maintaining documents.
- Coordinate and ensure sufficient volunteers for various events (i.e. casinos, bingos).
- At the direction of the Executive Director, provide assistance to fundraising efforts, including, but not limited to, taking minutes, organizing agendas and maintaining documentation.
Police Information Check (Vulnerable Sector) required. Driver's license required with access to a reliable vehicle.
Hours: 20 hours per week. (1-2 evenings a month required).
Must be versatile, creative, have organizational abilities, be trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality.
Must submit three employment references with complete names, business and telephone number with applications.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.50 to $25.00 /hour
- Administrative Support: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)