What is the opportunity?
You will join TI’s Innovation and Engineering team as a Senior Openshift Engineer with a mission to create a world class container ecosystem to host all of RBC’s next generation cloud native application portfolio which includes stateless & stateful crown jewel applications, AI, ML, Big Data and Data Science applications.
At any given time, the Innovation & Engineering team will be working on multiple technologies across the spectrum of Compute, Storage, Network, Security, Devops, Cloud, Containers etc., and in this role you will have the opportunity to work on multiple cutting edge products, understand them and then work with other TI & T&O teams who will implement the technologies in production. You will also have the opportunity to work with a variety of start-ups/VC’s and interface with founders, CTO’s, head of product management, R&D, Engineering etc., at some very innovative companies, and evaluate their products for applicability at RBC. You will also get the opportunity to partner with other innovation labs (internal or external) to prove out new technologies.
The Innovation & Engineering team is responsible for setting technical strategy, Research and Development, Engineering and creating a vision and roadmap for TI. We identify emerging and disruptive technology trends in Opensource, Academia and the industry and access, recommend and implement them if it can provide a technological edge to the RBC business.
The ideal candidate will have a sharp business mind, understand user needs and align them with the products that are being created. Ultimately, you are motivated by the desire to optimize productivity and nurture program success from inception to completion.
What will you do?
- Be a subject matter expert on OpenShift and container ecosystem
- Design and implement OpenShift installations that fit RBC’s needs
- Work with DevOps team to integrate CI/CD pipelines with OpenShift
- Provide technical leadership and technical guidance
- Participate in internal workshops and provide presentations of the proposed solution;
- Be a technical liaison between app-dev team and operation teams
- Provide guidance on application deployment strategies on OpenShift
- Perform profiling and troubleshooting of existing solutions
What do you need to succeed?
Nice to have:
- 5-10 years of enterprise industry experience working in Engineering, Architecture or Research in the Infrastructure space.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Heroku, or similar cloud or application management solutions
- Hands on experience working with Openshift 3.X – RBAC, AD/LDAP Integration, Devops, CI/CD, Secret Management, Image Scanning, Certificates, SSL/TSL, non-air-gapped installs, persistent storage solutions, SELinux
- Familiarity with new features in Openshift 4.X – CoreOS, Operators. CRIO runtime, Knative, Service Mesh, Serverless.
- Strong knowledge of Ansible and should have ability to automate entire Infrastructure stack using playbooks. Terraform knowledge is a plus.
- Multi-Cluster design and management, AZ’s, Regions
- Multi-Cloud Management solutions for Openshift/Kubernetes
- Database or Data Science As A Service designs on Openshift
- Familiarity or experience with popular runtimes and application frameworks
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies