243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
All Employees Ontario GTA North
Specialist, Front Store Operations Continuous Improvement Ontario GTA North (18 Month Contract)
June 25, 2020
Reporting directly to the Lead, Front Store Operations Continuous Improvement, the incumbent will be responsible for executing initiative solutions which are based on pre-determined goals and timelines. In addition, the incumbent will be the regional representative for Continuous Improvement and will have a direct working relationship with the regional Vice Presidents and District Managers to understand current Continuous Improvement initiatives. The Incumbent will be the subject matter expert and trainer for all initiatives/projects implemented by the organization to Associate-Owners and their Teams.
National Operations – Shoppers Drug Mart
Ontario GTA North
What You’ll Do:
What You’ll Need:Skills:
- Lead the Regional implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Support store teams and regional operations teams on pre-determined work plan/initiatives and store implementation and execution of initiatives
- Implements Training and Change Management documentation to support various projects and initiatives
- Supports projects by providing operational input and direction for stores and ensures uniformity and adherence to corporate policies and standards.
- Liaises with regional Vice Presidents and District Managers to ensure understanding of current Continuous Improvement initiatives and to coordinate ongoing communication and training sessions, including identifying areas that may require solution management, and providing potential solutions.
- Perform on-site evaluation visits associated with various initiatives
- Monitors store performance to identify, develop and implement any solutions to improve front store efficiencies and productivity.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload, and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
Experience & Education:
- Requires the ability to identify and improve work processes.
- Draws on a number of known options to solve problems and to develop improvements.
- Requires specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
- Provides solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with colleagues including senior management.
- Knowledge of National Store Operating, Merchandising, and POP Standards, inventory management, business, and accounting systems.
- Advanced computer skills especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong project management skills
- 5+ years of retail operational experience. Shoppers Drug Mart experience is required.
- Post-secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Business, Merchandising or equivalent.
Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed. Must hold a valid driver’s license.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Staff cannot be approached directly for the purpose of recruitment/interviews without prior knowledge of the Associate. A minimum of four weeks’ notice must be provided unless otherwise agreed upon by the Associate.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the above-mentioned position. Please note, only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements of the position will be contacted.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.