FirstOntario Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in Ontario. We are a trusted co-operative financial intuition dedicated to providing competitive banking products and services and a quality Member service. More than 118,000 Ontarians choose FirstOntario for their financial needs – from chequing and savings accounts to loans and mortgages and highly qualified investment advice. Our Membership does more than save you money on fees, it also makes you an Owner. At FirstOntario, we believe the best way to ensure our success is by supporting the communities we serve. That’s why our policies include volunteering our time, talent and resources to worthy local causes and events. It’s also why we reinvest our profits in the same places they’re earned, and why we sponsor programs that promote financial literacy and economic development.
The Regulatory Compliance Officer is a key player in day to day activities that ensure the efficiency, effectiveness, integrity and reliability of FirstOntario’s compliance with AML regulation with respect to High Risk Business Member files
In the role, you will…
· Develop the process for the annual compliance review of High Risk Business member files
· Review high risk business member files on an annual basis and reach out to branches to obtain or update information required for FirstOntario to remain compliant with regulatory requirements
· Review new business member files on a sample basis to ensure that all business documents have been obtained and all information recorded (quality assurance) for FirstOntario to remain compliant with applicable regulatory requirements
· Be the point of reference to provide advice and guidance to the Business Services and Commercial departments on the AML and business document requirements for business members
· Ensure that for any syndicated loans on which FirstOntario is not the lead that we have obtained required documents from the lead institution
· Be the lead for on-going training of branch staff and back offices regarding business membership opening documentation requirements including aiding in the development of an understanding of documentation requirements
· Manage the Business Continuity Plan document including but not limited to update the BCP plans annually with regard to personnel titles, areas of responsibility and changes/additions to facilities. Oversee and track that plans including call trees are tested
· Other job duties as assigned
Within your skills and qualifications, you will…
· Have sound business acumen with a post-secondary degree in business or related field
· Have at least four (4) years’ experience in regulatory compliance, interpreting legislation and understanding the application of it to business practices and procedures.
· Have at least four (4) years of experience in procuring and understanding business account documentation required to open accounts and for lending requirements
· Have knowledge of current AML legislation, particularly as it pertains to document requirements for business members
· Maintain a strict level of confidentiality on all matters reviewed
· Pride yourself on your ability to deal with complex, stressful and confidential issues efficiently
· Work smart by managing multiple priorities with strict deadlines
· Innately demonstrate superior interpersonal and communication skills
· Extremely detail oriented, strong organizational, time management and analytical skills
· Have a senior level of decision making ability
· High degree of personal initiative and exercise good judgment
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of the credit union industry
· Proficient computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer)
· Results oriented with high integrity and ethics
· Inherently demonstrate a high level of integrity and be trustworthy
Our emphasis on service means we’re constantly searching for new team members whose dedication to helping people is as powerful as their ambition to succeed. We’re committed to providing professional development, and to extending employee activities beyond day-to-day operations to support the communities where we’re located. Our people are the difference, it’s a part of why we love coming to work.
If this sparks your interest and you demonstrate high levels of integrity and credibility, we should talk. Check out our website for the full job description and prepare your cover letter and resume listing your experience, qualifications, and submit it online through our careers page on the company website.
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
FirstOntario Credit Union will provide accommodations for persons with disabilities, where needed, to support their participation in our recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent