Medical cannabis markets are rapidly expanding in Canada and around the world. Recreational cannabis is on the horizon. Now is your chance to join the largest, most recognized cannabis producer in the country as we set off to build something amazing, relying on established but ever-evolving brands.
Canopy Growth Corporation ("Canopy Growth") is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC) and part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries, including its flagship Tweed and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand, are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis. With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
Here’s the deal:
we’re soon going to have 3 million sq. ft. of high-end, automated greenhouse space producing some of the best cannabis in the world across two sites in beautiful British Columbia. If that’s something you’d like to be involved in, you’re in the right place. Here’s the type of person we’re looking for:
Reporting to the Post-Harvest Manager, this position is responsible for the trimming (manicuring) of medical grade cannabis. The successful candidate must be organized and have an eye for detail.
- Hand trim or machine trim product to prepare it for the next stage of processing.
- Conduct quality control inspections of final trimmed product.
- Transfer plants to appropriate location.
- Create batches and waste packages.
- Record and maintain weights for pay for performance spreadsheet.
- Apply labels to individual pots, lifting up to 50lbs.
- Operating and maintaining equipment as per SOPs.
- Data entry (Google Docs, Email, etc.).
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation.
- Ensure the washbay remains organized and all equipment is cleaned in a timely manner so that flow is not interrupted.
- Clean grow rooms and dry rooms as required in accordance with SOPs.
- Clean and record equipment/product in the appropriate logs.
- Run product through machines as prioritized by management.
- Inspection of other departments as required.
- Required to work a variable of different shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Background
- Solid manual dexterity using scissors, snips and sheers.
- Ability to stay organized and follow standard operating procedures to ensure consistency of product.
- Willingness to perform varied tasks as required.
- Experience in a similar setting / willingness to work in a loud, confined space.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Comfortable with computers and data entry.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Previous MMAR experience considered an asset.
This is a full-time position based out of Aldergrove, British Columbia.
The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements.
All resumes will be maintained in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.