Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
The NOC Technical Specialist is responsible for a wide range of duties supporting Eastlink’s High Speed Internet, Dedicated Data and Wireless Mobility networks. The candidate is responsible for network health monitoring and the control office coordination efforts to maintain these networks. The role has direct contact to all Eastlink internal and external customers. Leadership and communication skills that compliment strong technical troubleshooting skill-sets are required. Leadership and communication skills that compliment strong technical troubleshooting skill-sets are required. Common duties also include:
o. MPLS / High Speed Internet (Core and Access layer).
p. Wireless Mobility
q. CATV plant.
- Ticket based communications
- Adherence to Eastlink escalation procedures
- Front line data customer support
- Change Management – Coordination of planned network maintenance.
- Support group coordination. ( Tiered support and Field Operations)
- Video switching duties
- Escalation procedures.
- Strong communication and coordination skills are mandatory.
- Customer handling skills supporting direct customer
- Ability to work in a dependent shift handoff environment.
- Two year accredited Data Networking certificate
- CCNP or CCNA Cisco certification preferred. Equivalent understanding or work experience supporting Cisco Data networking required.
- Strong analytical trouble shooting skills
- Familiarity with routing & switching networks
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient in MS Word & Excel
- Ability to work in 7-24-365 shift environment
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.