Web Developer Intern
*Must Love Plants*
*Must know Shopify liquid code*
About This Role
We are experiencing massive growth as a company, but there’s a staggering amount of people who aren’t aware of Plant Collective yet, and we need a Web Development Intern to grow this business. You will be responsible for researching and developing Shopify website design, Shopify website development, UX Analysis, AB / Multivariate Testing. You will have opportunities to work with managers to drive a positive brand image and a strong global image with your web development skills.
- Supports the development of our marketing plans.
· Ensure marketing message is conveyed clearly and delivered properly to prospects
· Develop a personalization strategy
· Include persuasive 'call-to-actions' in advertisements and promotions
· Design and write press releases
· Develop key sponsorship partnerships
· Collaborating with other disciplines across Engineering, UX, and Product to help develop front-end solutions for merchant problems
· Developing React components, managing data with GraphQL, and using libraries like Redux and Apollo
Shopify Website Design & Development:
- Create wireframes and mockups for the website & landing pages
- Use heatmaps to analyze, design, and execute website improvements.
- Set up AB and multivariate tests using shogun, Zipify Pages and/or Google Optimize to make incremental, data-driven improvements.
- Walk out with practical experience designing websites and landing pages that produced real value.
o Walk out with practical experience developing Shopify stores.
Who We're Looking For
- Must be a student in a computer engineering, IT, interactive digital media, computer science, web development, coding, fintech, stats, data management, cyber, ux / ui or commerce program
- Minimum of 2 years of directly related work experience in Web Development
- Experience in working in teams of multi-discipline nature
- Knowledge of core marketing disciplines such as planning & implementation, research, data & analytics
- Knowledge of core marketing channels (digital, direct mail, mass, social)
- Some experience in managing multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Strong project management and communication skills, highly organized, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing environment
- Creative and passionate; ready to pitch new ideas to drive the business forward
- Strong analytical skills; must have the ability to assess data and apply learnings to improve performance
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and you’re comfortable presenting
- Experience working with multiple partners; ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong initiative, exceptional attention to detail, superb organization skills supported by curiosity and innovation mindset
- A strong sense of self-awareness, willingness to learn and accept coaching to improve
- Must have empathy of others and ability to build rapport
- Must have excellent computer skills, with a strong understanding of most major applications
- Must have excellent and professional verbal/written communication skills.
- Must understand the importance of putting the customer first!
- Full training
- Additional overtime hours may be available from time to time!
- Your birthday off each year.
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible working-hours
- Growing opportunities
Job Type: School Co-Op
$500 / Month
- Coding: 2 – 3 years
- UX design: 1 – 2 years
- Research: 1 – 2 years
- AB Testing: 1- 2 years
- Shopify: 1-2 years
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- On call
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $500.00 /month
- Web Development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19