RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
Under the direction of the Vascular Health Unit director, the project manager will coordinate day-to-day operations of an exciting 5-year multinational study focused on the predictive ability of arterial stiffness for pre-eclampsia (CIHR-funded principal investigator-initiated study).
The project manager will be responsible for supporting and coordinating study setup and all aspects of study execution. They will play an important role in liaising with collaborating centres in North America and Europe.
- Participates in the implementation of study protocols, and optimizes organizational and operational efficiency,
- Establishes priorities, ensures adherence to study timelines and quality of output, and provides timely study updates/reports,
- Preparing and maintaining study documents and materials, including ethics applications, informed consent documents, standard operating procedures, tracking logs, case report forms, and newsletters.
- Acts as primary point of contact and resource person for all centres, resolves problems and instructs others,
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations at the lab and in the use of equipment,
- Assists with the creation of a centralized database, maintains study records and ensures proper storage of data in the centralized database, and oversees data collection at collaborating centres,
- Maintains strong working relationships with collaborating centres, manages communication channels between research teams, and coordinates central training,
- Monitoring of legal contracts and site agreements
- Supervises other lab members (vascular assessment technician, PhD students, MSc students, undergraduate students, and medical students performing research electives) participating on the study,
- Maintaining study finances including budget, submitting payment requisitions, coordinating invoices from collaborating centres,
- Ensures appropriate inventory and purchases equipment and material,
- May have to occasionally assist with subject recruitment and vascular assessments. The project manager will be taught these techniques.
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- BSc. in a health related field. MSc is an asset,
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical research experience /management/ coordination either in a hospital or university setting. Previous involvement with multicenter studies is an asset,
- English and French, spoken and written,
- Self-directed, organized, detail oriented, proactive, team player,
- Strong project management skills,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Temporary, Full-time. Contract renewable yearly.
Pay scale :
Commensurate to experience
Work shift :
from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mondays to Fridays. Flexibility may be required.
Work site :
Glen Site (1001, Décarie boul., Montreal)
To learn more about our benefits, please visit https://rimuhc.ca/reasons-to-work-at-the-ri-muhc
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.