We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Mass Spectrometry specialist with strong background in Analytical Chemistry and Chromatography to join our team that applies LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS, ICP-MS, HPLC-UV and qPCR techniques for cannabis products testing. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the emerging and fast-paced environment of cannabis laboratory testing.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to independently analyze samples and troubleshoot assays. Experience with development, optimization and validation of analytical methods is required. The successful individual will also need to be able to successfully work in a team environment, interact with external clients and vendors in a courteous manner, and perform duties in a highly regulated industry utilizing the appropriate SOPs and guidelines. Previous experience with samples extraction techniques utilized for cannabis products testing will be given added consideration.
- Prepare cannabis products samples, calibration standards and quality control samples as per the SOPs for routine analysis using LC-MS/MS and/or GC-MS/MS instruments.
- Develop, optimize and qualify LC-MS/MS and/or GC-MS/MS analytical methods for routine cannabis products analysis.
- Maintain and troubleshoot instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, MS and other instruments as required.
- Follow and verify a variety of analytical methods as required.
- Utilizing LIMS system to record and document analytical activities and results during the processing of samples
- Operate with a high level of personal integrity with quality assurance being a primary concern. Track record of compliance with all quality and regulatory policies and updating of all required SOP’s and quality records for equipment maintenance, testing, analysis and design of experiments, as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory for ISO/CALA accreditation standards and future audits.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Management.
- Familiar with the role and responsibilities of a testing lab under the Cannabis Act.
- Graduate degree (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.) in Analytical Chemistry or closely related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience (within the last 4 years) in using LC-MS/MS and/or GC-MS/MS technologies for routine analysis of food, environmental, forensic or cannabis sample, including validating routine methods and modifying SOPs
- Experience with samples extraction techniques such as QuEChERS and pesticides testing methods are desirable.
- Comprehensive understanding of the theory and practice of LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS and related softwares.
- Ability to work independently and accurately test large numbers of clients’ samples with a commitment to achieve reliable and good quality work and consistently meet client turnaround time requirements.
- Experience with LIMS system for record and documentation purposes
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Successful criminal background check.
Job Type: Full-time
- HPLC-UV and/or LC-MS/MS technologies : 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)