If you want to work with great people and make a difference,
then the Y is the place for you!
Child Care Assistant in ECE II Training or Early Childhood
Full Time, Preschool Program
South Family Child Care, 5 Fermor Avenue
At the Y, we’ve never met a kid whose potential we couldn’t see. With 35+ child-care
centres in and around Winnipeg, we’re able to help 1,900 kids grow in mind, spirit and
body each year. To make a difference in a child’s life, keep reading!
Why work at the Y?
- Great people and great work environment!
- We pay most of your benefit premiums
- Complimentary Y individual membership
- 5% employer-matching pension plan
- Many opportunities for growth & advancement
Are you the right fit?
- Honest, trustworthy and respectful in your approach with children
- Able to build positive relationships with children and families
- Able to implement activities which meet children’s needs
- Able to apply ELCC and the Y’s standards and requirements
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
What else do you need?
- Manitoba Early Childhood Educator Level 2 or 3 or provide proof of enrollment in a
qualifying Early Childhood Educator program
- Experience working with pre-school or school-aged children
- Emergency First Aid and CPR C certification
- Fully immunized against COVID-19 or valid exemption
- Clear Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete written documentation
Submit your cover letter
and resume by March 24,
Director, Child Care
The Y is committed to providing an
inclusive environment where diversity
is welcomed and encouraged. If you
require accommodation during any
part of the recruitment or selection
process, please don’t hesitate to reach
out. This includes providing you with
alternate formats of this posting.
The Y is entrusted to provide a safe
environment for children and
vulnerable individuals. All applicants
will be thoroughly screened through a
review process including Police Record
Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search
and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
If hired, prior to your start date and as
a condition of your employment, you
will be required to provide proof that
you are fully immunized against
COVID-19 or have a valid exemption.
We thank you for your interest;
however, only applicants selected
for an interview will be contacted.