Santé Cannabis is a medical clinic dedicated to cannabis treatments. We also work to improve patient care by conducting research and developing training programs that teach patients and healthcare professionals everything they need to know about medical cannabis.
Santé Cannabis is looking for a Medical Writer and Editor to join our team! This position is a key role in the daily function of the clinic by supporting all Clinic Education and Research related matters and ensuring optimization of the flow of the clinic. If you are passionate about health and research and interested in building your medical writing skills, this position is for you!
· Leads development planification, elaboration and/or review of all medical and scientific content on behalf of Santé Cannabis, including but not limited to:
- Training program materials, oral presentation, and webinars;
- Conference abstracts/posters/presentation and manuscripts based on company-sponsored research, liaising with internal and external authors; and
- Printed materials, web pages, campaigns, product videos, corporate newsletters, social media, and press releases.
- Liases with medical and scientific content experts to ensure accuracy and relevance of material;
- Research, validate, and develop Medical/Scientific Content for Healthcare Professional Educational Training
- Ensures that all copy is sufficiently copy-edited and proofed;
- Write, review, edit multi-volume documents requiring advanced word processing and formatting, indexing, generation of table of contents, and manual pagination according to Canadian regulations.
- Write, review, edit, electronic Common Technical Document (eCTD) submissions using knowledge of regulations and industry best practices for publishing.
- Collaborates with program manager to map out program content specifications
- Interacts with internal clients in regard to content of scripts and storyboards
- Manages and prioritizes tasks to meet produce high-quality content quickly and efficiently to meet deadlines;
- Maintain familiarity with current industry practices, regulatory requirements, and scientific advancements.
- Adapt content to target audiences, including healthcare professionals, academic researchers, pharmaceutical industry, patient and public-facing;
- Ensure content and style adheres to and complies with departmental SOPs and style guidelines;
- Develop and adhere to project planning and tracking systems to support efficient collaboration on content projects
- Use Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe software applications, PDF editing software to be able to research, develop and review content effectively.
- May supervise content writing team members in elaboration of text;
- Work with President, Director of Clinical Education or Program Manager in coordination of company-wide publication planning and review;
- Support other content projects as assigned.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Professional writing skills in both English and French
- Advanced understanding of medical terminology
- Efficient with Microsoft office suite
- Proficiency with MAC
- Demonstrated understanding of International Committee of Medical Journal Editors and Good Publication Practice guidelines
- Able to provide feedback in a constructive manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Job Type / Category
- Industry: Hospital & Health Care, Research, Pharmaceuticals
- Job functions: Clinic Education and Nursing
- Employment type: Full-time and permanent
- Location: The location of work shall vary as assigned between both Montreal and Pointe-Claire locations
- 37.5 hours / week, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm with some flexibility required to meet deadlines.
What we offer:
- Located in Westmount, at a 3-minute walking distance from metro Atwater
- Being part of a young and dynamic environment, and being part of an emerging industry
- A full-time and permanent position, with the possibility of growth
- Comprehensive benefits and Group Insurance coverage
Please note that only those interested will be contacted
Thank you so much for your interest in Santé Cannabis.
Salary: $ 55,000 Annual Salary
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00 /year
- medical writing: 5 years (Required)
- and write English and French (Required)