Apollo is a leading supplier of components and sub-systems for the satellite and wireless communication and medical industries. Apollo was founded in 1980 and operates in a world-class, fully integrated 70,000 square foot facility, with an experienced engineering team, specialized manufacturing resources, state-of-the-art testing equipment, and a stringent quality control system.
The RF Technician will provide technical support for testing and troubleshooting new and existing products.
MAIN DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use of Electronic Test Equipment including, Vector Network Analyzers, PNA's, frequency counters, power supplies, etc.;
- Test / Tune various RF and Microwave filters/circulators etc. for key parameters such as insertion loss, return loss and attenuation points;
- Ensure reliability of equipment through various means of monitoring;
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly scheduled maintenance tasks and perform necessary interventions;
- Ensure that necessary diagnostic and troubleshooting tools are available and in working order.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program in electrical or electronics engineering technology, computer engineering technology, telecommunications technology or an equivalent is required.
- Two (2) years of experience using RF test equipment, (networks analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, amplifiers, splitters and switches) at microwave frequencies up through Ka-band (40GHz).
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented.
- Willingness to learn new skills ;
- Bilingualism; an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)