Recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s best employers in 2020, Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
We are continually hiring responsible team members who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians. Commissionaires’ team is more than 22,000 people strong and comprised of former military, police, and others of all ages. Our employees work in a variety of roles such as General Security, Alarm Response, Concierge and Support to Law Enforcement, and Support to Government.
As part of our ever-expanding work force, we are looking for one full-time Night Detention Guard 2000-0800. We are also seeking Casual on-call detachment guards with the potential of full-time for the Rocky Mountain House Detachment.
You’re a good fit if…
· You value and want to participate in your local community
· You live 30 minutes or less from your local RCMP Detachment
· You are detail oriented
· You are available on an “as and when needed” basis
Some of your responsibilities include:
· Monitor all prisoners to ensure their security and well-being
· Organize meals, record prisoner activity and maintain a prisoner activity logbook
· Monitor prisoners while in hospital (when required)
· Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of cells when vacated or arrange janitor assistance
· Record and report any damages or repairs to cells
· Conduct search of cells prior to occupation and when cells are vacated
· Maintain cellblock security by ensuring cell doors are locked at all times
· Ensure cellblock keys are tagged and stored safely
· Ensure all personal effects removed from prisoners are properly secured
· Monitor fire safety and be fully conversant with fire orders
· Successfully complete an RCMP security clearance (Takes approximately 3-6 months)
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
· Ability to work independently or within a team
· Very good verbal and written communication abilities
· Current first aid/CPR/AED
You can apply in person at the RCMP Detachment or On-line. We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time