Job Title: CNC Apprentice
Job Location: Sunny Corner Fabrication Shop, 636 Water Street, Miramichi NB
Reports to: Production Manager
Founded in Atlantic Canada in 1965 as a regional player servicing the pulp and paper industry, Sunny Corner Enterprises has become a strong multi-disciplinary force in construction and fabrication across Canada. Our growing team has completed major world-class projects for the energy, nuclear, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing sectors and exploration while continuing to expand our growth in resource sectors. Along the way we have developed key partnerships with some of the world's leading firms, working closely with them and others to deliver outstanding value in construction, fabrication, and exploration. We value hard work, dedication and offer union paid health benefits and pension. Pay rates based on union agreements.
We are currently looking for a dedicated individual to join our team in a full-time permanent position as a CNC Apprentice.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables.
- Repair machine tools and parts
- Operate manual lathe, milling machine and radial arm drill.
- Set up and adjust production machineries/tools.
- Fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance.
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces.
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Must be a currently residing in Canada
- Completion of secondary school with trade certification with at least third block
- Minimum 3 years of experience with manual lathe & milling machine
- Fitting experience would be considered an asset.
Please send your resume to [email protected] citing “ CNC” in the subject title. We thank all candidates for your application and interest in our company; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: Role starts as soon as possible.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person