Hiring A Front-End Web Developer & Technical Support Agent
We pride ourselves in providing thoughtfully and carefully crafted websites for real estate professionals across North America. If you take pride in craftsmanship and finesse, feel motivated to find efficient and intelligent methods, and wish to further your career and education in a dynamic SaaS + Boutique Agency hybrid environment, this is for you.
The chosen candidate will be working out of our Gastown studio in Downtown Vancouver. Foreign contractors need not apply as we have a very strict policy of our entire workforce operating out of our Vancouver Headquarters. This is a full-time position, with a minimum of 37.5 hours per week of work.
Our website system is a blend of a SaaS-based platform with a very customizable front-end structure, and utilizes the AWS (Amazon Web Services) as part of its infrastructure. This is a great opportunity for those who wish to gain a deeper understanding of custom CMS management, teamwork with designers & communicators, as well as client care & management.
- Unique opportunity to make your mark in a rapidly growing, boutique marketing services firm
- Closely mentored by senior developers & our CEO
- Learn new cloud-based platforms we are building & integrate into cutting-edge workflow
- Gastown, Downtown Vancouver based position, in a brick & beams building with your own iMac (27”) + 2 External monitors at your L-shaped workstation.
- As much coffee, tea, chocolate milk you can handle!
- Learn the agency dynamics in a multi-team environment with managers, graphic designers, content managers and other coders.
- Work in an environment that combines SaaS-style web-services with a boutique, agency-grade branding & design agency.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE:
- Develop & code website front-ends according to the approved template visuals on our system based on the Brixwork core code.
- Learn & manage the file systems on our Amazon Cloud & utilize them effectively.
- Follow mobile responsive standard guidelines and styling conventions for beauty & function.
- Work within deadlines, timelines, and hours allocated to fulfill corporate objectives.
- Identify faster and more efficient ways to execute visuals to work faster.
- Troubleshoot issues and make minor modifications/upgrades to websites.
- Assist our Senior Developers with feedback & ideas to improve customer experience, decrease lead time on websites, and reduce the amount of tech support inquiries.
YOUR SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 months of experience with the following basic web development languages & skillsets (not necessarily through a previous job, but as a personal hobby or studies is also fine. In other words, you do not have work experience but have relevant education or other experiences, we may still consider you).
Whilst possession of any of the below skills are not mandatory for your success in the role, they will be considered an asset:
- jQuery & jQueryUI
- CSS Wireframes such as Bootstrap, Skeleton, Boilerplate etc.
- CSS3 Transitions & Animations
- AJAX combinations using advanced jQuery & secured PHP back-end
- MySQL database administration experience
- Understanding UI requirements based on Photoshop drafts
- Work environment in a cloud
- Mac OSX environment
- Amazon Web Services
The personality traits our team is looking for in regards to this position:
- Able to follow established procedures & structures
- Focused and dedicated
- Aware of timelines, multiple-project pipelines, and deadlines
- Problem-solver with determination
- Efficiency-driven mindset
- Respect for data & website security with attention to detail
- Not afraid of learning new techniques, experiments and enhancements
HOW YOU CAN APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
- Attach your resume & cover letter
- Attach examples of your work, either live on a website or code snippets.
- Any questions/answers contributed to StackOverflow, or repositories you worked on on Github etc.
Don’t phone us, please. We need all applications in email form only, and will not accept phone calls for job applications. We will review your resume and contact successful applicants to advise on the next steps.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
- 3 Month Probation & Training Period at $18.50/hr
- Move up to $21.50/hr upon successful completion of the probation period
- Periodic reviews going forward based on project completion time, quality assurance score and other performance metrics
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits after passing 3 month probation period
- Team bonuses on high-profit quarters
YOUR FUTURE CO-WORKERS (8 + YOU!):
- 1 other Coder to share tasks with, bounce ideas off of, and learn from.
- 3 graphic Designers who will set the visuals and direction of your products.
- 1 Social Media & Content manager to help you out.
- 1 Administrator who handles customer inquiries, invoices & payments that you will communicate with.
- 1 CEO that oversees the operations, back-end software development & architecture, and project management.
- We have 2 more people on the team you will rarely speak to (if not ever) – our CFO and Office Caretaker.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.50-$21.50 per hour