The Licensed Automotive Technician works in a fast-paced auto service environment, providing superior expertise to customers and the automotive team in automotive systems, diagnostics and repairs. Communication skills are essential to succeed in this position. The Licensed Automotive Technician builds customer loyalty and retention through trust, workmanship and reputation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Provides an excellent customer experience by ensuring an ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
- Explains procedures and repairs and any additional maintenance work required to customers in an effort to attain a trusting relationship and long-term retention.
- Liaises with Management/Service Advisors/Installers and Back Parts Window Associate to ensure a smooth flow of communication during repairs or maintenance work and that all commitments are achieved.
- Provides accurate estimates and written vehicle reports for all work performed.
- Provides quality workmanship to meet or exceed industry standards.
- Performs tasks in compliance with industry flat rate time allowances.
- Ensures that an unsafe vehicle is reported to management and the vehicle owner.
- Ensures vehicles are kept clean and free of damage by using seat covers and floor mats.
- Provides business card to each customer.
- Retains used parts for the customer on request.
- Shares ideas and suggestions to improve the customer experience in the Automotive Service Centre.
- Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Performs accurate and complete vehicle inspections, diagnostics and repairs.
- Performs daily bay inspections in order to ensure shop neatness/cleanliness.
- Instructs monitors and verifies work completed by apprentices. Shares skill set and knowledge with staff members.
- Estimates cost and time for service and repair needs on the customer’s vehicle to Service Advisor.
- Completes and reviews repair orders and vehicle inspection reports with customers and/or service advisors.
- Maintains company and personally-owned equipment and tools, as required.
- Remains current with up-to-date knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of most domestic and imported vehicles.
- Performs road tests in compliance with store policy.
- Is respectful of all shop tools and equipment.
- Participates in meetings and all training as required and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
- Complies with company, store and Automotive Service Centre policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
- Knowledge of current automobile technology.
- Valid mechanic’s license and driver’s licence for province of employment.
- Ability to work effectively with computerized systems.
- Good working knowledge of CoStar is considered an asset.
- Experience in a similar role, in a Canadian Tire Auto Service Centre, is considered an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- auto technician: 5 years (Preferred)
- Multi-Vehicle Repair: 3 years (Preferred)
- Smiths Falls, ON (Preferred)
- Journeyman (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Required)
- Red Seal Automotive Service Technician (Preferred)