Interested in joining a private family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth – we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Role Purpose: Manages the operations of a Water Treatment plant to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures and reporting practices
Location: 8301 Winston Churchill Boulevard
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Ensures Maple Lodge Farms maintains a good corporate image by ensuring all Municipal, Provincial, and Federal Environmental Mandates with respect to waste water treatment are followed and complied with at a competitive cost, and within budget.
- Monitors and operates the equipment and processes, and documents and reports to the trades if any Company assets require attention to ensure maximum performance. Monitors any repairs and/or alterations so that repairs are completed in the proper fashion, and follows up to ensure that the asset performs as required.
- Oversee Waste Water Plant processes with respect to sampling, monitoring, analysis, reporting, adjustments: and follows up to ensure the processes are performing as expected and required.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures, and works safely, utilizing all required PPE in good condition. Reports any unsafe acts and/or conditions to management. Demonstrates safety leadership and ensuring direct reports work safely and follow MLF safety programs.
- Monitors all different processes of the Water & Waste Water Treatment department involving sampling and sample preparation.
- Conducts lab work and analyses of all plant processes, and completes data entry of all process results in computer and log book.
- Actively involved in the plant operations and follows all department SOP’s with respect to maintenance, housekeeping and operation waste water related equipment.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in food industry with minimum 3 years in a people leadership role;
- Working knowledge of GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety & quality;
- Ability to lead and delegate to a team of employees;
- Problem identification and solving capabilities with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Innovative and creative thinker;
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail (accuracy);
- MS Office advanced user skills.
- Provides overall management of a team or business area and includes management of individuals.
- Establish goals and priorities and manage the activities and work of subordinates Evaluate their performance by providing formal and informal feedback to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance with set individual targets.
- Responsible for all aspects of Human Resources functions for team including hiring, onboarding, performance management and disciplinary matters.
- Develop team capabilities through continue on-the-job and formal training opportunities and coaching. Includes training all new employees on the job specific tasks and ensuring that they are compliant with Company objectives.
- Prepare, recommend and manage a budget for the direct area of responsibility by conducting analysis and preparing data to support requested budget.
- Monitor the financial performance of area of responsibility against approved budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized on.
Policies and Procedures:
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of improved departmental processes, policies and procedures.
Education and/ or Certification Requirement: Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field; or completion of a post-secondary course in Environmental Science preferred.
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
- Building High Performance Teams – Recruits and retains high-performing talent, sets high standards for performance and ultimately creates a collaborative culture.
- Coaching & Mentoring Others – Supports the growth of others by providing regular feedback, fostering connections, and formulating individualized development plans.
Working condition: Risk of Electrocution, Drowning, Chemical Burns, Pinch Points, Microbiological Infection.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- Company pension
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Water Treatment: 1 year (Preferred)