With over 750 employees and 14 facilities in 3 countries, CWI is drawing on innovation as a market leader in the production of specialty wires and wire products.
We’re looking for a true sales Match Maker at our Perth, Ontario location – Someone that can find customers for our products, and products for our customers. If you’re experienced in engaging with customers to cultivate opportunities and learn that latest market and competitive intel, then we have a position for you! CWI is looking for a Sales Coordinator that can learn quickly and thrive in a fast paced manufacturing environment. We require someone who can act proactively with both internal and external customers, while also coordinating the flow of information to all parties. 2 plus years of experience in a similar environment is desired, wire industry experience is even better. Parlez vous Francais? Now we’re talking...
Responsible for engaging and cultivating customers, soliciting orders, selling the company’s products in accordance with established practices and procedures, providing customers with status updates and other pertinent information, and maintaining awareness of market and competitive conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and master the company’s products and operational procedures which include administering claims/returns in accordance with company policy.
- Articulate clearly, concisely, and persuasively regarding the benefits of CWI products to prospective customers relative to the customer’s needs and in comparison to competitive offerings.
- Communicate price and delivery information to customer.
- Follow up on inquiries.
- Maintain activity record pertaining to customers and pipeline opportunities in sales software.
- Make warm and cold calls using both marketing-driven leads and contact lists to prospective and existing customers to create new sales and identify and pursue up-sell opportunities.
- Act proactively to prospect and create opportunities for new business.
- Learn and track competitive information including price, delivery and market share.
- Track sales performance within areas of responsibility.
- Develop customer relationships to provide repeat business.
- Work with all CWI departments and personnel to ensure quality customer service and satisfaction.
- Leverage sales and commercial development personnel in identifying and building relationships with prospective and current accounts.
- Prepare and submit special reports as required.
- Recommend pricing to supervisor for approval.
- Aggressively carry out sales and marketing programs as directed.
- Visit customers on a limited basis as needed.
- Attend Trade Shows as required – limited.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Previous sales experience in metals industry preferred but not required.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or diploma (or equivalent training in business, marketing or sales) preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- High School or GED required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Computer skills to include working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; general understanding of Business System and Sales Software.
- Highly motivated.
- Aggressive, competitive and committed.
- Team player.
- Ability to manage multiple relationships well.
- Frequent sitting, occasional standing and walking
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs
- Occasional travel may be required
- Overtime may be required
If you are interested in becoming part of the CWI team, please submit your cover letter and résumé.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known in their cover letter. If you require further information or assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at 613-326-3006.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will only be contacting those that best fit the requirements.
CWI is committed to providing the best in customer service and continues to bring in talented people who want to grow with the business. We offer competitive wages and a range of employee benefits. We support training and professional development while investing in a wide variety of programs.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Education reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)